Friday, January 2, 2015

Slice of Humble Pie

What's your favorite state?  Imagine living there, then having it ripped away.  Now, imagine your least favorite state.  Now imagine having to move there.  A little on the FML side, yes? Welcome to my world.  I will leave out which state it is, because people always tend to get butthurt about everything these days.  But my hubs has been recruited for an amazing job, with a ton of upward mobility, and I'm assuming a salary that won't leave us cringing and having minor panic attacks at the end of the month.  However, it's been made clear to me through meditation that I need to humble myself and just go with the flow this year.  And that means moving to God awful ________.  They have decent universities with the program I'm majoring in, and a really nice BAH rate for my GI Bill to boot. And, I have the feeling we will actually be happy there, which is going to piss me off big time.  I mean, who wants to admit they like their life in a place they so adamantly oppose.  Stupid universe handing me challenges and making me realize things about myself and such.  Stupid growing towards enlightenment. Sometimes that shit just pisses me off.  Can't I do it from the lovely Cascade mountains with the eagles and bears instead?  Apparently, no.  That my friends, would simply be far too easy.

So, off I go to ______, swallowing my judgment and superiority complex about that place, even though part of the reason I dislike it is because most of the people there are so judge-y and have a superiority complex about themselves.  Ironic, no?  Sigh.  I will make the best of it, dammit.  And, I'll be happy, dammit.  And probably excel in university down there, dammit.

Just, dammit.

Ok universe, I hear you, I heed you and I will comply.

No comments:

Post a Comment