Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dry-Rubbed Oven Ribs

*Disclaimer*- I am not a huge meat eater, so almost all meat recipes I concoct have to go off the approval or thumbs down from the hubs. I trust his opinion though since he can be a bit of a food snob, and we are nothing if not brutally honest with each other sometimes lol!

That said, Dustin is a huge meat and veggies guy. Like, I don't think we've had pasta or other grain besides the occasional rice in this house in a long time. We get our beef in bulk from a family farm here in Utah, called the Blue Tree Cattle Company.  While the initial investment is a bit, the actual price per pound turns out to be quite a bit cheaper than stocking up at the local supermarket, and you get quite a variety of cuts and ground beef.  

We had a large rack of ribs that I had no idea what to do with since we haven't had the time nor the weather to smoke those bad boys.  So I started doing what I always do: go to Pinterest.  I found an amazing looking crockpot recipe here, but after making the dry rub, realized I was missing about 3 of the essential ingredients. Who doesn't have ketchup in their fridge or pantry? Us, apparently.  So, I decided to just add a couple things to the dry rub to make it more Dustin friendly (spicy), and throw them in the oven.

I get a text from him at work that night...."The ribs are amazing. M really liked the one I gave him, also."  

Well okay then.  I can make some damn good ribs, check that one off the list.



Dry-Rubbed Oven Ribs

3 Tbs sea salt
3 Tbs garlic (or 2-3 cloves of fresh garlic)
1 Tbs paparika
1 Tbs thyme
1 Tbs rosemary
1 Tbs onion powder
1 Tbs sage
1 Tbs black pepper
*optional* cayenne pepper for a little spice
dash of olive oil

Simply mix all ingredients together to create a slightly moist and crumbly rub, then lather those ribs up!  Don't be afraid that you have too much, the more flavor, the better.  






Double wrap the ribs in foil and stick them on a cookie sheet in the oven at about 265 degrees.  Let go for about 3 1/2- 4 hours until tender.  That is literally all there is to it.  Easy day.


No comments:

Post a Comment